Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This sauce is a breeze to make up ahead of time. I serve this with a salad and bread to soak up the lovely juices.
- 3 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella balls, cut into 1/4
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- pasta, cooked (any type)
- prawns, cooked (optional)
- cilantro (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients and let set at room temperature for flavours to mingle.
- Cook pasta and toss with sauce.
The flavor in this recipe is outstanding!!! It is very refreshing and light. The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 stars is because the original recipe was a bit skimpy on the ingredients. For example, where it called for 3 tomatoes I used 4, and where it called for 1 clove of garlic I used 3. I also used the fresh herbs and the fresh mozzarella more liberally. Even with using more ingredients it still was not over abundant, but just enough. Abby girl, this dish has such great flavor and my bf and I enjoyed it and will definitely make it again. Thanks!!