This is a very simple, but extremely mouth watering dish. Serve as an appetizer or as a meal. My husband and I will each have our own tomato served up. Take small pieces of good crusty bread, top them with your layered tomatoes, have a taste, and try not to say mmmmm. And you'll need a bit of extra bread to soak up the oil, vinegar, and juices left in your plate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice tomatoes about 1/2 inch thick and place on a serving dish.
- 2Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 3Slice the mozzarella about 1/4 inch thick, and place on top of the tomatoes.
- 4Arrange slices of roasted pepper over the cheese.
- 5Sprinkle with basil.
- 6(To get the basil"ribbons", stack the leaves, roll them up, and slice them across) Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomatoes, Mozzarella and Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 32.7
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 1.6 g