Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Perfect side for lunch or dinner. Goes great with sandwiches, or a meal. 1 hour standing enhances the flavor.
- 4 thick sliced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh basil, chopped (or 1/2 t dryed)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Place tomato slices in a shallow dish.
- Mix all marinade ing together in a jar and shake well.
- Pour over tomatoes.
- Let stand at room temp for 1 hour before serving.
Inez, this was wonderful! I had a lot of fresh tomatoes from my garden that I had no idea what to do with. I sprinkled some grated Parmesan cheese on top just before serving. I served this dish along with RecipeNut's Italian Shredded Beef Sandwiches. What a great pair! Both recipes were a big hit with my family!
i was surprised with the taste. really great! my brother took one bite of the tomato and begged me to make more. after eating all the tomato up, i used the marinade as a dipping sauce for some toasted bread. real good stuff!
Excellent, of course. Bit of parmesian cheese? I use fresh garden parsley.