Recipe by Mamablowfish
This is a great Italian brunch dish. Its so easy to make. The presentation is beautiful and it tastes wonderful. Serve it up with some fruit and a nice crusty piece of bread.
- 3-4 large tomatoes, peeled, cubed and drained
- 44.37 ml olive oil or 44.37 ml butter
- 453.59 g mushroom, thinly sliced
- 0.25 ml dried oregano
- 3-4 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- 6-8 eggs
- 177.44 ml monterey jack cheese, shredded
- chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- cut tomatoes into cubes and drain for several minutes.
- in a 10 - 11 inch frypan over high heat add olive oil or butter and add mushrooms and oregano, stirring until soft and juices have evaporated.
- Add tomatoes and sundried tomatoes if using and stir to heated through and still a little firm.
- With a spoon make 6-8 spaces, large enough for fried egg and break an egg into each space.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cover evenly with cheese.
- Cover and cook over low heat until eggs are set as you like.
- Garnish with parsley.