1/8 Photos of Tomatoes Au Gratin
This is a great Make-Ahead dish, ideal for when the hords are coming for dinner.. AND it's super easy to prepare. Bonus! I have listed the recipe as I found it but at ours we prefer extra garlic and TONS of fresh basil.. whooo devine, Guests went back for seconds and thirds...one day I will grab a photo of the inside, so far my guests have been too quick LOL. Posted for RecipeZaar World Tour 2006.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Skin the tomatoes by putting them into a bowl, adding boiling water and leaving them for 20 seconds, drain and plunge them into cold water, the skins should come off easily.
- 2Slice the tomatoes thinly.
- 3Grease a baking dish well with some butter, arrange a layer of tomato slices evenly on the bottom of the dish and then sprinkle with some of the garlic, sugar, basil, salt and pepper.
- 4Add a thin layer of cream and repeat with more tomato sllice layers until all ingredients are used.
- 5Mix the parmesan cheese and the breadcrumbs together and srinkle over the top.
- 6Drizzle any remaining butter over the top.
- 7Bake in the oven at 189 C (350 F) for 40 minutes until golden brown.
- 8Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomatoes Au Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.6
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 54.9 mg
- Sodium 200.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 5.5 g