Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great meatless sandwich that is open to interpretation! You can also make a few of these, cut into triangles and serve as an appetizer.
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinaigrette
- 3 slices tomatoes, 1/4 inch thick
- 1⁄2 red pepper, roasted
- 1 ounce fat free mozzarella cheese
- Toast your bread.
- Douse with a balsamic vinaigrette (or other favorite) Add thinly sliced tomatoes.
- Add a layer of roasted peppers, any color.
- Add mozzarella.
- Sprinkle with herbs (thyme is good with this, or oregano) and salt and pepper.
- If you want melted cheese, place in broiler for a few minutes, do not nuke it, this will make it soggy.
Nice quick crunchy lunch. I used thin cut wholewheat bread and didn't have any mozzarela so subed with a provolone mix. love the tomato sweet pepper combo and used oregano for the herb, broiled it open to melt the cheese. I will be making this often, thanks for posting.