Recipe by CCinSC
Very colorful, very simple and very good. I had this at a restaurant in downtown Asheville, NC called "Jack of the Wood". In addition to good food, they have wonderful live entertainment on the weekends and brew their own Green Man Ales. Check them out if you are in the area. They served this with "Bangers and Mash". Lovely.
Top Review by MizzNezz
Very good combination of ingredients. I used a red onion, with peeled and seeded Roma tomatoes. It made a very pretty side dish with great flavor. We had this alongside a pasta dish. It was easy to make and I will make this again. Thanks CC!
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 ripe but firm tomatoes
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 carrot, finely grated
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 purple onion, very thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Chop tomatoes into approx.
- 1 inch cubes.
- Place thawed peas in skillet and cook until warm.
- Add onion, saute until just limp.
- Add carrot.
- Stir until carrot is warmed, 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomato and saute until warm.
- Don't overcook.
- Serve warm.