Recipe by COOKGIRl
From 1,000 Lowfat Recipes. Original recipe called for dried sage but I chose to use fresh sage.
Top Review by Elmotoo
The most difficult part of this recipe is the tedious cleaning of the leeks. Absolutely delicious! Not to dirty extra dishes, we served it on top of our fettucine w/garlic butter. ;) It worked very well. I doubled the recipe & had no leftovers! Made for Veggie Swap 11/12.
- 2 small leeks, thinly sliced (remove green tops)
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes, firm but fresh (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat up the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Saute the leeks in the oil until golden. Add the garlic the last minute and saute.
- Cut up the tomatoes into wedges. Add them to the pan along with the sage, salt and black pepper. Cook the tomatoes about 3-4 minutes until the tomatoes start to soften, but do not turn to mush.
- Serve warm.