Recipe by Baby Kato
This recipe has been submitted for play in ZWT8 - France, from the CUISINE-FRANCE website. Tomatoes a la Provencale is a recipe from the Provence region. The tomatoes are stuffed with bread crumbs and garlic, then baked in the oven. It is recommended that this dish be served as a starter or as a side dish accompanied with a nice Rosé.
Top Review by loof
Great recipe for the summer's fresh tomatoes! The herb filling is terrific, especially loved the thyme. I liked that the tomatoes cooked up soft but not mushy. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
- olive oil
- 6 tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs, fresh
- 2 tablespoons basil, minced fresh
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, minced fresh
- 1 garlic clove, mashed
- 3 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF.
- Remove the stems of the tomatoes and cut the tomatoes in half.
- Next, scrape out the seeds and juice, season the tomatoes with salt and pepper and set aside until needed.
- Blend the rest of the ingredients together in a bowl and fill each of the tomatoes with the mixture then sprinkle the tomatoes with olive oil.
- In a baking or gratin dish arrange the tomatoes not close to each other and bake in a 400º F degree oven for 15 minutes.