Recipe by Da Huz
A roast tomato recipe from the southern region of France. Other than the initial 5-10 seconds, keep the heat as low as possible. You're trying to break down some of the vegetable starch into sugar without destroying the structure of the tomato. By the end (1.5 hours) it should be softened but still hold its shape.
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice tomatoes in half. Remove the seeds but leave as much of the flesh as possible.
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium heat. Place tomatoes cut-side down in the skillet. They should sizzle a little, this will help seal the edges and keep them from sticking.
- Turn the heat to extremely low and cook 45 minutes. Shake occasionally to ensure that tomatoes are not sticking.
- Flip tomatoes. Sprinkle each with garlic, salt, and parsley.
- Cook another 45 minutes on extremely low heat.