Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is Fred's recipe. You can use any type of tomatoes. We prefer using cherry or grape tomatoes for this dish. The longer they marinate the better. A quick and easy side dish for the hot summer.
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes or 2 pints grape tomatoes
- 1 bottle zesty Italian salad dressing
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, grated or shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon white sugar (optional)
- Wash tomatoes.
- Grate cheese.
- Wash and chop parsley.
- Shake salad dressing until well mixed.
- Combine all ingredient in bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- *The longer the tomatoes marinate the better.
- You can add new tomatoes to mixture for about a week.
- You may also want to add more herbs and cheese to keep the bite.
Great side salad to Baked Gnocchi With Chicken.
Absolutely delicious! Loved this dish - so easy to make and such a beautiful presentation. I had some grape tomatoes on hand and this recipe was perfect for them. It wasn't necessary to add sugar as they were so wonderfully sweet on their own and the contrast of the Italian dressing really makes a nice balance. I did not have parsley, but used some basil from my garden. Will definitely make this dish again and will add it to my Best of 2012 cookbook. Made for Everyday is a Holiday tag, September, 2012.
This makes a nice side salad to go with any meal. I sliced the tomatoes in half. I could not see the dressing penetrating the tomato skin any other way. The cheese was added just before serving. Made for Recipe Swap #62 Australian/New Zealand Cooking game