- 4 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 large tomatoes
- curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup chopped chutney
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 325°F Cut crusts off bread, round the corners. Fry in hot vegetable oil until crisp.
- Drain on paper towels but keep hot. Scald tomatoes and peel. Cut 4 thick slices. Dip bread rounds in melted butter. Spread with chutney. Top with tomato slice.
- Season with salt, pepper and curry to taste.
- Cook in oven for 10 minutes.