Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Posting this recipe for ZWT 2012. Found it on the Portugal website and sounds fresh and easy - a nice side with just about anything. States it's a vegatarian dish.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup long grain rice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil and butter in saucepan until butter melets in a medium saucepan Add the onion and garlic and sauté for about 5 minutes or until onion is softened.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock, rice, salt and pepper, mix well and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer very gently for about 20 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.
Loved this rice! It was easy to make. It is fresh tasting and agree the it would go with just about anything. Everyone enjoyed it. Thank You. Made for ZWT8
So simple, easy and great tasting! Made as written and everything went great. Seved it with Kiki's Chicken and Bean Enchiladas#453059 and Salsa Picante from Cooking Light Magazine#430190 and we had a great meal. Definately going into my Favorties of 2012. Made for Fall PAC 2012.
Simple and a nice pairing with a spicier entree. I did seed the tomatoes and chop fairly fine. Thank you for sharing the recipe!