Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
Two of my very favorite vegetables are featured in this side dish. These vegetables produce a tasty broth so serve with a spoon. Recipe is from Simple and Delicious.
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 medium summer squash, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 medium plum tomatoes, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- parmesan cheese, grated
- In large skillet, saute the zucchini, squash and onion in oil for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir until vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
Couldn't be any easier. Our local grocery store did not have the summer squash, so just used all zucchini and since I can't seem to read, I sliced them instead of cubing. My bad. I also chose to use some lovely orange tomatoes I had instead of the plum variety. Made for Every Day Holiday Tag. :)