Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A quick, delicious side dish that goes with just about anything. Garden-fresh vegetables are better but you can't always get them.
- 3 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place half the zucchini in an ungreased 8-inch square baking dish.
- Top with half the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese.
- Top with the remaining zucchini and tomatoes.
- Evenly sprinkle the garlic, thyme, salt and pepper to taste over the tomato.
- Drizzle with the olive oil.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with slotted spoon.
This is now a favorite of mine. Very easy and delicious, I used basil instead of thyme.
Hmm......I wasn't quite sure about this one. Everything sounded great, but we didn't care for the thyme in it, I think that if I make it again I will omit the thyme and add more cheese. Thanks for sharing.
Love this recipe, has the most wonderful taste, and is easy and elegant enough to serve to guests. I will make sure to have zucc's in my garden this year along with my tomatoes.I used the real parmesan cheese and it is much better than the boxed stuff. Definate keeper, will be making this often.