1/1 Photo of Tomato Zucchini Bake
Health side dish. Mums recipe which no roast was complete without. The herbs vary, if I have fresh basil in the garden I also layer in between. Measurements are also pretty rough. I use the microwave to really cut down on the cooking time. Works a treat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lightly grease a small casserole dish.
- 2Place a layer of zucchini on the base followed by a layer of tomatoes.
- 3Grind pepper over tomatoes, sprinkle with diced onion, garlic and herbs, add basil if available.
- 4Repeat the process until all ingredients are used, ending in a layer of tomatoes.
- 5Place in microwave and cook on medium high until zucchini is slightly tender.
- 6Sprinkle with bread (or rice) crumbs and dot with butter. Several slices of tomatoes can also be placed on top of crumbs for decoration.
- 7Place in a hot oven until crumbs are browned.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Zucchini Bake
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.9
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 145.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed Italian herbs