Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Light, cool side dish for summer meals. Makes good use of your garden tomatoes and zucchini.
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes or 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups sliced zucchini (cut in half lengthwise, cut into 1/4-inch slices)
- 1 cup cubed monterey jack cheese or 1 cup sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced sweet onion (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup prepared balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Combine dressing, basil, mustard and sugar in 1-cup glass measure; mix well.
- Combine tomatoes, zucchini and cheese (and optional onions) in large bowl.
- Pour dressing over salad ingredients; mix well to coat.
Refreshingly good! I used baby zukes fresh picked from the garden Grape tomatoes, and white shape that was smoked. Thanks! Made for ZWT 2011
I enjoyed this nice, healthy salad for lunch today. It was very easy to prepare and was a great way to use up some leftover zucchini and grape tomatoes that I had lying around. I never omit onions from any recipe, so of course I included them. I also used shredded monterey jack cheese because that was what I had on hand. I used a lite balsamic vinaigrette, which may have impacted the full flavor potential of the dish. Next time, I would use regular. Also, I found it a little too sweet for my tastes, and would either halve the sugar or omit it completely. Thanks, Parsley, for a nice lunch! Made for ZWT4.
While I adored the flavor of this salad, I wish balsamic didn't discolor all the vegetables.