Recipe by Montana Heart Song
Our daughter in Texas introduced us to this simple quick and tasty salad.Note: You can use 15 oz can Italian flavored diced tomatoes,drained instead of Roma tomatoes.
- 4 roma tomatoes, sliced and diced
- 2 cups frozen fresh peas, rinsed
- 2 cups cubed Velveeta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip (or mayonnaise, with 1 splenda 1 gram packet) (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the vegetables in a serving bowl.
- Add the cheese.
- In separate bowl mix Miracle Whip with dry mustard.
- In separate bowl mix mayonnaise with Splenda and dry mustard.
- Use the salad dressing of your choice above.
- Put over the salad, toss to mix.
- Pour and mix the salad dressing just before serving, make sure if you are using canned tomatoes that the juice is completely drained before adding the dressing.