2 hrs 15 mins
This easy sauce is made with things I always have on-hand. It freezes well so I often double or even triple the recipe, to pull out for busy work-night meals-once you've got the sauce the rest is easy! I'm not sure where I got the recipe, but, I think it was Taste of Home.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sauté onion and garlic in oil over low heat for 15 minutes-until very limp.
- 2DO NOT BROWN!
- 3Add sage and sauté 5 minutes.
- 4Add tomato sauce and wine-simmer UNCOVERED 10 minutes.
- 5Then cover and simmer for 60-90 minutes.
- 6Stirring occasionally.
- 7Uncover and simmer to desired thickness.
- 8Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 9Serve over spaghetti, gnocchi, pierogies, sausages- whatever sounds good to you!
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato-Wine Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.5
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 643.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: