Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I wrote up this recipe after I had cooked it a few times and decided I liked it. I originally made the white pizza as an excuse to cook up a whole bunch of fresh garlic and tomatoes that I had gotten from a farm. I use generic pre-made pizza crusts because I don't have time to make my own crust. If you get a decent brand they still come out great. The kicker is the salt and olive oil underneath all of the cheese, it makes for a very moist and almost sauce-like pizza topping. The tomatoes add great flavor, texture, and moisture as well.
- 1 pizza crust
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (or so)
- 2 -3 tablespoons minced garlic
- pecorino romano cheese
- parsley flakes
- 1 -2 tomatoes, sliced 1/8 " to 1/4-inch thick
- Start w./ pizza crust. Cover lightly with olive oil (I drizzle it across the whole thing, then smear it around with my hands so there is a thin layer of olive oil across the whole crust.
- Put minced garlic on pizza crust, spread around until evenly covered.
- Lightly salt.
- Cover with cheese. Cheese should not be too thin, just a single layer of shreds thick.
- Lay sliced tomatoes on pizza. I like to cover as much area as possible, but do to taste.
- Grate romano cheese over the tomatoes. Fairly thin layer.
- Sprinkle parsley flakes on top.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes until crust is golden brown.
Yum!! I bought a round store made pizza shell. Made half the regular way (sauce and cheese) for the kids and the other half this way. Which only gave me and hubby 2 pieces each - we both wanted more!! I usually don't eat more than 1 piece! I sprinkled a little garlic powder and basil over the tomatoes and also added a few sliced banana peppers. Served with a tossed salad. What a great meal - thanks!!
Loved it!! Next time I'll have to make 2 of them because apparently 1 wasn't enough! :D
Great! I think a little too much garlic, but that was ok. I only had parmesan cheese which I sprinkled on top of the tomatoes. I also added chopped canned artichokes which was a nice addition. I also wanted to mention I baked my pizza at 350 F for 15 - 20 min.