Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great for summer barbeques and large crowds, easily multiplied. Really fresh flavours.
- 1 lb watermelon
- 1 lb red ripe tomato
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves
- 7 1⁄4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Peel the watermelon and cut into bite-sized cubes.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters (size to match the watermelon) and toss in the olive oil with the fresh mint and basil leaves.
- Loosely arrange the watermelon and tomatoes on a large white platter and scatter the feta cheese and oregano over the top to serve.
What a great heathy summer salad. Original and tastes delicious.
Watermelon and tomato, who would have thought those two went together, but boy do they!! The savory taste from the basil goes well with the salty, tangy taste of the feta cheese. The mint, well I may cut it back to half next time. Thanks for a refreshing salad which my 3 teenagers and I enjoyed very much. Made for ZWT III 2007 - Family Pick