Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Reminds me of Italy Found on allrecipes.com, submmitted by Denise H Shaffer
Make and share this Tomato Vodka Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- In large skillet over medium heat, melt butter with oil.
- Add onion and saute for 8 minutes or until transparent.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 25 minutes or until almost no liquid remains in skillet; stirring frequently.
- Increase heat and add cream, vodka and red pepper flakes.
- Boil for 2 minutes or until thickened to sauce consistency.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add penne and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente.
- Drain and transfer to large bowl.
- Bring sauce to a simmer and pour over pasta; toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.