1 hr 10 mins
Reminds me of Italy Found on allrecipes.com, submmitted by Denise H Shaffer
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large skillet over medium heat, melt butter with oil.
- 2Add onion and saute for 8 minutes or until transparent.
- 3Add tomatoes and cook for 25 minutes or until almost no liquid remains in skillet; stirring frequently.
- 4Increase heat and add cream, vodka and red pepper flakes.
- 5Boil for 2 minutes or until thickened to sauce consistency.
- 6Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 7Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- 8Add penne and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente.
- 9Drain and transfer to large bowl.
- 10Bring sauce to a simmer and pour over pasta; toss to coat.
- 11Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Vodka Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (423 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 756.0
- Calories from Fat 284
- Total Fat 31.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 91.3 mg
- Sodium 339.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.7 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 12.5 g