Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Refreshing and light, but hearty.
Make and share this Tomato, Vidalia Onion, & Chickpea Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups coarsely chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup canned chick-peas (garbanzos)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped vidalia onion
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (optional)
- Mix together vegetables and chickpeas in a salad bowl.
- In another small bowl, whisk together basil, vinegar, oil, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Pour over salad and toss.
- Add Parmesan and toss again.
This is so delicious!! I've had it in my cookbook for quite a while and I'm sorry it took me this long to try it. Such great flavors, very healthy and quick to prepare. I loved it with the grated parmesan. I used fresh tomatoes from my garden and fresh basil as well. Thanks for posting such a great recipe, I will be making this often.
I made this for lunch the other day and wasn't sure if I liked the dressing. I tasted the left-overs the following day and by then the ingredients had melded and I liked the flavour. My SO loved it and gave it a 5. I preferred it without the parmesan while he thought the parmesan made it, but he only tried it the second day and I didn't put parmesan on my serve that day. I used a 400g can of chickpeas, three vine-ripened tomatoes, and everything else as listed.