Recipe by Sue Lau
Refreshing and light, but hearty.
Top Review by Sherri35
This is so delicious!! I've had it in my cookbook for quite a while and I'm sorry it took me this long to try it. Such great flavors, very healthy and quick to prepare. I loved it with the grated parmesan. I used fresh tomatoes from my garden and fresh basil as well. Thanks for posting such a great recipe, I will be making this often.
- 3 cups coarsely chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup canned chick-peas (garbanzos)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped vidalia onion
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (optional)