Recipe by marisk
I felt like eating something different so I threw some stuff together added some chicken and let it simmer till it was done.
- 1 -2 lb chicken piece
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 1⁄4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 32 ounces fat-free chicken broth
- 3 stalks green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 maui onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 bunch celery & tops, chopped
- 1 cup fresh green beans, bite-size
- 1 green bell pepper, bite-size
- 16 ounces carrots, bite-size
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried chili
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 cups water (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a very large pot, combine the first four ingredients. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and continue cooking covered for 15 minutes.
- Add vegetables and seasonings to simmering pot.
- Continue cooking at a simmer until chicken is done -- about 60 minutes. It will depend on the size of the chicken pieces you select.