- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 cups vegetable stock or 3 cups chicken stock
- 28 ounces canned tomatoes, chopped
- 250 g cheese tortellini
- 1 cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen green beans
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pot on stovetop heat oil, add carrots, onion, celery, garlic, basil and pepper, cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock and tomatoes, cook on high heat until you reach a boil.
- Add tortellini, chickpeas and beans, reduce to medium heat until tortellini are tender but firm, about 10 minutes.