Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
The perfect soup for a cold winter day. Just the right blend of tortellini and vegetables.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 cups vegetable stock or 3 cups chicken stock
- 28 ounces canned tomatoes, chopped
- 250 g cheese tortellini
- 1 cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- In a pot on stovetop heat oil, add carrots, onion, celery, garlic, basil and pepper, cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock and tomatoes, cook on high heat until you reach a boil.
- Add tortellini, chickpeas and beans, reduce to medium heat until tortellini are tender but firm, about 10 minutes.
Awesome homemade soup :) My husband who can be hard to please loved it.
I used vegetable stock to keep this meatless. I also subbed frozen mixed vegetables for the green beans, and added double the amount (2 cups) to get some extra vegetable goodness. This was good with hot French bread on a cool night.
My family and I loved this recipe! I would have given it 5 stars if I used all the ingredients but I did not have chick peas or beans on hand. Nor did I use carrots. Very good though, thank you!!