This can be made vegan/vegetarian by using vegetable bouillon instead of chicken. I got this recipe from a daily email I receive from the eDiets website. I love this recipe because it is so easy and so filling. Feel free to vary the vegetables according to your tastes, what is in season, and what is on hand. I like to use spicy V8 because there is no seasoning called for in the recipe. You can use normal V8 and use your favorite seasonings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 3/4 cups water
- 3 3/4 cups spicy hot V8
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- 5 chicken bouillon cubes or 2 1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 1/2 cups celery, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 1/2 cups orzo pasta, uncooked
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1In a large saucepan, combine water, V8, broth, tomato soup, bouillon, carrots, and celery.
- 2Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- 3Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes.
- 4Add peas, corn, and orzo to pot.
- 5Return to a simmer.
- 6Simmer 10 minutes or until orzo is al dente.
- 7Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with parsley.
- 8Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (411 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.1
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 997.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 6.7 g