Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love this soup on a cold winter day. Paired with a crusty bread and butter it is just right for lunch or a light dinner. I prefer mine with a tablespoon of sour cream, gives it a different taste.
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cups water
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 cucumbers (peeled, sliced)
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cabbage (coarsley chopped)
- 1 (29 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- Mix all ingredients in a large pan.
- Simmer on medium heat until vegetables are cooked and soup smells good.
- Garnish with a tablespoon of sour cream, if desired.
- Serve with crusty bread and butter.