Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Giada De Laurentiis' "Everyday Italian"
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium yam, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 large zucchini, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick pieces
- salt and pepper
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- fresh basil sprig, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss the potato, yam, bell pepper, carrots, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking dish to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss until coated.
- Spread vegetables evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- Arrange the onion slices evenly over the vegetable mixture.
- Arrange the zucchini over the onion.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the tomato slices over the zucchini.
- Stir the Parmesan and bread crumbs in a small bowl to blend.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan bread crumbs over the vegetables in the baking dish.
- Drizzle with the last tablespoon of olive oil.
- Bake uncovered until the vegetables are tender, and the topping is golden brown, about 40 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh basil sprigs, if desired.
This is a fantastic recipe. The only change I made was to leave out the potato as I wanted mashed potatoes with the roast pork I was serving with dinner. Every time I had a vegetable I thought that was the one I liked best. I guess I just loved the whole package. This will be a regular at our house. Quick, easy and super delicious tasty just as I expect Giada's recipes to be!! Thanks for sharing your recipe. This was made for My3Chefs.