Recipe by BecR
Tomato-Vanilla jam pairs perfectly with avocado cheesecake! Or serve as an unusual topping over melted brie or a savory cheese tart--or spread on buttered toast triangles for a not-so-ordinary breakfast!! Brilliant! From Chef Froshee of George's at the Cove in La Jolla, California.
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small pot, combine the sugar, water and vanilla bean and simmer until sugar is melted.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until the tomatoes soften.
- Strain the mixture and reserve the tomatoes in a small bowl.
- Return the syrup back to the pot. Place pot over medium heat and reduce by half, approximately 10 minutes.
- Pour over the tomatoes and chill completely until ready to serve.