Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Mmmmm Fresh from the field tomatoes with your favourite chunky pasta and creamy goat cheese. Nothing tastes quite as wonderful as newly harvested, vine ripened tomatoes.
- 2 cups cooked small shell pasta
- 1⁄4 lb creamy goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- corasly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 dash salt, to taste
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 large fresh from the field tomatoes, chopped chunky
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- In a large bowl, stir creamy goat cheese with olive oil.
- Add parmesan cheese, garlic, black pepper and salt.
- Stir in green onions, tomato chunks and basil.
- Toss thoroughly with hot drained pasta shells, adding more olive oil if required.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
This was really good. I made this as a main dish, so used more pasta. I also used more basil and one fourth the goat cheese and oil for our tastes. The flavors work very well together here.
Quick and easy, and so flavorful! It turned into a nice creamy sauce once I tossed the other ingredients in with the hot pasta. Thanks for sharing!
Even though my husband adores goat cheese, he did not like the texture of this salad.