Recipe by Derf
Fresh from the field tomatoes. Newly harvested tomatoes, wonderful taste with a few seasonings, serve as a first course or as an appetizer. (stand at room temp. 1 hour)
- 2 large field fresh tomatoes
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml coarsely ground salt
- 4.92 ml coarsely ground pepper
- 14.79 ml red wine vinegar or 14.79 ml white wine vinegar or 14.79 ml good balsamic vinegar
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 6 slice red onion rings, paper thin sliced
- 29.57 ml of fresh mint, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice each tomato into 3 thick slices, arrange on shallow serving platter.
- Season each slice with sugar, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with wine vinegar and olive oil.
- Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- At serving time, add paper thin onion slices.
- Sprinkle each slice with fresh mint.