Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Soup 101 easy!! Monday night fast!!
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (9 ounce) package cheese tortellini
- 4 ounces chive & onion cream cheese (1/2 tub)
- 1 (11 ounce) can tomato soup
- In a medium saucepan bring broth to boil.
- Add tortellini and reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk 1/3 c hot broth into the cream cheese spread until smooth.
- Return all to saucepan along with tomato soup.
- Heat through.
- Sprinkle with chives before serving.
Love this recipe! I have made it many times since it's so easy and I can remember the ingredients when I'm at the grocery store. I have changed it up a little by using tomato bisque soup instead of the plain, melting in fresh spinach at the end, and topping with Parmesan cheese. I always get so many compliments on it every time I serve it or take it to a friend in need. The longer it "sits" the better it gets too!
Very good. I actually saw this in a current issue of a magazine - I memorized the ingredients since they were so simple and was going to put it here, but was thrilled to find it already shared! It is super easy, and my kids both enjoyed it.
Could not have been quicker or easier. I guess I could have just heated up a can of soup but what fun would that be? This soup was warm and creamy. Total comfort food. Perfect for a cold, rainy, errand-packed Saturday. This would have been a "fend for yourself" day without this recipe. My only complaint is that I was missing my grilled cheese sandwich. Maybe next time. Even my tomato soup hating husband liked this one so there will be a next time.