Recipe by Vicki in CT
Excellent dish when tomatoes are in season. To cut calories I sometimes use fat-free mayo and cheese and it is still wonderful. 8/31/07 After reading the recent review, I realized I failed to mention that you should let this set about ten minutes after removing from oven.
Top Review by my3beachbabes
I was really looking forward to making this recipe and I was very pleased! I made just as posted and it was delicious! This is going to be a summer favorite... Thanks for posting Vicki in CT! Made for ZWT4.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 6 -8 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 3⁄4-1 cup fresh basil leaf, julienned
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-bake crust according to directions. After removing from oven, sprinkle 1/2 cup of the mozzarella on crust and allow to cool. (This can be done ahead of time.).
- Drain sliced tomatoes on paper towels.
- Arrange tomato slices on cooled crust. Sprinkle garlic salt and basil over tomatoes. Combine mayonnaise and remaining mozzarella and spread over tomatoes. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over all.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned on top.