1/1 Photo of Tomato Topped Fish and Potato Bake
Cod with oregano is very good done this way,potatoes crisp up on the bottom and succulent fish on top, easy one pan meal. adapted from Canadian Living mag.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs white fish fillets (cod,halibut or haddock)
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds, lightly crushed or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1Spread 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large cast iron or ovenproof frypan.
- 2Layer potatoes, onion and half each of the salt and pepper in pan; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil.
- 3Heat over high heat until sizzling, about 2 minutes.
- 4Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook for 12 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, in bowl, mix together tomatoes, garlic, parsley and remaining oil, salt and pepper; set aside.
- 6Remove pan from heat.
- 7Arrange fish over potatoes; top with tomato mixture.
- 8Sprinkle with fennel seeds or oregano.
- 9Bake in 450f degree oven until fish flakes easily when tested, about 12 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Topped Fish and Potato Bake
Serving Size: 1 (477 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.1
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 114.2 mg
- Sodium 431.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 36.4 g