Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 mins
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- Combine chopped basil, olive oil, vinegar, salt, sugar and pepper in a jar; cover tightly, and shake vigorously.
- Set vinegrette mixture aside.
- Snap off ends of asparagus.
- Remove scales with a knife or vegie peeler, if desired.
- Place asparagus in a vegetable steamer over boiling water; cover and steam 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Arrange asparagus on a serving platter; sprinkle with chopped tomato.
- (I just lay it in a row over the center of the asparagus) Drizzle vinaigrette mixture over asparagus.
Delicious! Asparagus is one of my favorite vegetables and this was a great way to dress it up! I actually used two pounds of asparagus with the same amount of vinegrette and tomatoes and felt that it was seasoned just perfectly for us. I always steam my vegetables over chicken broth rather than water and I did that in this recipe also. Very tasty, very easy and will make again. Thanks for winning the football pool, Podapo!