Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great tomato bread in 15 minutes.
- 8 slices baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Broil baguette slices for 3 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chopped tomato and saute for 2 minutes.
- Stir in chopped parsley.
- Serve over toasted baguette slices.
I used a large heirloom tomato and two slices of rosemary focaccia in this recipe, (what I had on hand) they worked beautifully. I did saute the tomato for 5 minutes. We really enjoyed this simple fresh dish, seasoned with sea salt & fresh ground pepper. It was the perfect side for the Potted Shrimps. Thanks for sharing this lovely recipe, that I will make again.
This recipe screams for really good quality tomatoes. The flavour is wonderful and fresh and I really liked the tomatoes on the toasted whole wheat baguette. If your tomatoes aren't the best quality, you may want to add some garlic. Made for 1, 2, 3 tag game. Thanks weekend cooker! :)
Yum, I really enjoyed this easy and quick recipe. Thanks for posting!