Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hing (Asafoetida)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Wash the tomatoes and cut them into small pieces.
- Add oil in your pan, when it is heated add mustard seeds.
- Let the mustard seed splutter.
- Add tomatoes, turmeric powder, chilli powder and asafoetida.
- Cook them nicely in a low flame, till the oil sticks out.
- Relish it with Chappati or with Bread Sandwich.
- Note: It is always good to use a nonstick pan.
This was a great easy recipe. If you don't have Hing you can use garlic. I thought adding 1 tsp of sugar would be good next time. wasn't sure how long to cook it for, just until the tomato started to sweat seemed to be a good amount of cooking. It was great on a chappati.