Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this recipe in a Sunday magazine. I havent made this yet but I am always looking for recipes to serve at parties and such, so I thought I would post it for others to share and try until I get around to making them. Red wine vinegar or balsamic can replace the sherry vinegar.
- 40 g butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 12 sprigs thyme
- 1⁄2 cup caramelized onion
- 110 g goat cheese, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf
- Preheat oven to 200dg Celsius Place the butter,sugar and the vinegar in a non stick pan over medium heat and stir until butter melts and sugar is dissolved.
- Add the tomatoes salt and pepper and cook 3-4 minutes or until lighlty caramelised. Remove from heat.
- Use a 7 cm round cutter to cut 12 rounds from pastry.
- Divide the tomato mixture, thyme and caramelised oinions between the 12 x 1/2 cup lightly greased muffin pans and top with pastry.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until pastry is golden.
- Turn out immediately onto a baking tray and top with a slice of goats cheese and basil leaves to serve.