1/2 Photos of Tomato Tarte Tatin
Taken from Kitchen Guy http://bit.ly/b4QPhC
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14 ounces puff pastry, thawed (1 sheet)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 medium red onions, halved and sliced thin
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus a pinch
- 1/2 teaspoon sherry wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup kalamata olive, pitted and chopped
- 1 1/2 pints cherry tomatoes or 1 1/2 pints grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1/2 tablespoon dried thyme
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F Unfold puff pastry and cut a 10-inch disc. Cover and keep refrigerated.
- 2Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and a pinch of sugar and cook, stirring, until onions are golden and caramelized, about 15 to 20 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons of water to deglaze pan, scraping brown bits from bottom of pan. Transfer to a bowl and reserve.
- 3In a clean, oven-proof 9-inch skillet, combine 1/4 cup sugar and 3 tablespoons of water. Cook over medium heat, swirling gently (do not stir with a spoon) until sugar melts and turns into an amber-colored caramel, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add vinegar carefully and swirl again. The caramel will seize, but will re-melt in the oven.
- 4Sprinkle olives over caramel, then scatter tomatoes over olives. Sprinkle onions on top, then season with thyme, salt and pepper. Top with puff pastry circle, tucking edges into sides of pan. Cut several vents in top of pastry.
- 5Bake until tart crust is puffed and golden, about 30 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes, then run a knife around pastry to loosen it from pan. Flip tart onto a pan lid and slide onto a serving platter. Cut into wedges and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Tarte Tatin
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 474.0
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 219.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar