Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A wonderful and beautiful tart to make with the end of summer abundance of tomatoes. Alternating the red and green tomatoes give the tart a firm texture and a slightly tart flavor.
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- 2 tablespoons olive tapenade
- 2 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 large green tomatoes, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- fresh rosemary, for garnish
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Lightly spray a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom with olive oil cooking spray.
- Place the dough between two sheets of parchment or wax paper and roll out to a 10-inch circle.
- Gently set the dough over the tart pan, and press it into the edges and up the sides, pinching off as you go.
- Spray the tart shell with olive oil cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 min and let cool for 10 minute.
- Increase the oven temperature to 425ºF.
- Spread the tapenade evenly over the bottom of the tart shell.
- Using a circular pattern, place a layer of tomato slices, edges overlapping, over the tapendade. Alternate green and red slices.
- Season with salt, pepper, and half each of the thyme and rosemary.
- Repeat with another layer of tomatoes and remaining seasonings.
- Bake for 20 minute.
- Let rest for 10 min before serving.