A wonderful and beautiful tart to make with the end of summer abundance of tomatoes. Alternating the red and green tomatoes give the tart a firm texture and a slightly tart flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 375ºF.
- 2Lightly spray a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom with olive oil cooking spray.
- 3Place the dough between two sheets of parchment or wax paper and roll out to a 10-inch circle.
- 4Gently set the dough over the tart pan, and press it into the edges and up the sides, pinching off as you go.
- 5Spray the tart shell with olive oil cooking spray.
- 6Bake for 10 min and let cool for 10 minute.
- 7Increase the oven temperature to 425ºF.
- 8Spread the tapenade evenly over the bottom of the tart shell.
- 9Using a circular pattern, place a layer of tomato slices, edges overlapping, over the tapendade. Alternate green and red slices.
- 10Season with salt, pepper, and half each of the thyme and rosemary.
- 11Repeat with another layer of tomatoes and remaining seasonings.
- 12Bake for 20 minute.
- 13Let rest for 10 min before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Tart
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 177.2
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 166.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: