Recipe by Mary Leverington
This is a very intense appetizer. I've also served it on hot pasta. Outstanding! The recipe comes from "Great Good Food" by Julee Rosso.
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained (reserve oil)
- 12 anchovies, drained (reserve oil)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh Italian parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Except for the parsley and oil, place all ingredients in a food processor and process until fairly smooth.
- With the machine running, add the oil from the anchovies first.
- If you want a looser consistency, add some oil from the jar of tomatoes.
- Place in a small bowl and cover.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- To serve, bring the tapenade to room temperature and sprinkle with the parsley.
- Serve on toasted French bread.