Recipe by JanuaryBride
This is truly a "dump it in" recipe using canned veggies, but it tastes fresh due to the lime juice, cilantro and avocado; semi homemade I think they call it these days! Use this as a springboard, so to speak, and feel free to add a can of green chilis, onion, jalapenos, chicken, ground beef. . .you name it! It also freezes well.
Top Review by Mjr #2
This was very good! I did the can of green chile's and some diced chicken breast and it turned out great! We do a hot soup every Christmas Eve and this was last night's hit. Everyone particularly enjoyed the fresh cilantro and diced avocado!
- 1 (48 ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can corn
- 1⁄2 cup instant rice, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 avocados, diced small
- sour cream (optional)
- 16 tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Dump all ingredients from the tomato juice down to the rice into the crockpot and stir. Cook on high for 2 hours.
- Prior to serving, stir in fresh cilantro.
- On top of each bowl of soup, crunch up chips, place a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle some avocado.