Recipe by Burns
I decided to lose the lettuce for this salad. So naturally I promoted the next ingredient to the position of "filler" Lets be honest lettuce is there to stretch a recipe out...anyway, after making this one a few more times I changed it up and perfected to the one I have presented today. I like simple and quick, feel free to change up the amounts of any ingredient to suit your taste, I've never made it the same twice. This is called a Summer Salad because I make it in summer when the tomatoes I get actually have flavor. this recipe is all about the tomato. Enjoy!
- 5 tomatoes (Chopped)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 4 roma tomatoes (Cut into 1/4 inch disks)
- 1 cup red onion (Chopped)
- 1 cup cucumber (Chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro (Chopped)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- black pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Throw all prepped veggies into a bowl. mix so that all the juices have a change to mingle.
- Add Pepper, oil & Vinegar. mix again, Let sit 15 minutes(In the refrigerator if desired).
- Give another mix just before serving. It's a good side for a summer barbecue. it won't keep well past a couple of days, but I've never had a problem with leftovers of this one.