Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 4 large red peppers
- 3 tomatoes
- 100 ml olive oil
- basil leaves (dried basil is okay)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Place a few teaspoons of oil into a shallow rasting dish.
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise and lay them cutside up.
- Add a small whole or half tomato to each pepper.
- Sprinkle chopped basil leaves, spring onions, chopped garlic and salt and pepper over.
- Drizzle with the olive oil.
- Bake 25 minutes.
Very good for a quick side for supper on my own. Lovely flavour, the basil really make it delicious, but like Bergy mentioned I would add a little cheese to top it off next time and maybe a shake of red pepper flakes to add some kick. i will be making them again, thanks for posting.
These were delicious however I took away one star because the instructions are not too specific. There is no amount for the basil, I used apprx 1/4 tsp dried per half pepper - I used 1/2 tomato in each half but cut it into 1/4 sections. !5 minutes was all the bake time required to have them heated right through but still have some crunch,,I think a bit of parmesan would give them a nice finish. The flavor is great. I was looking for an easy, not too much chopping etc recipe and this was exactly right Thanks Dotty I will do these again