Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A recipe included in my Greenling.com local box of produce. I didn't have a grill, so I cooked this in my toaster oven at 350 degrees. I also chopped up the mushroom stems into tiny pieces, and included them and the parsley in with the tomatoes. However, I'm including the recipe as originally written below.
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 2 portabella mushroom caps
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley
- 1 dash pepper
- Prepare grill.
- While the grill heats, combine the tomato, cheese, 1/4 teaspoon of the olive oil, pepper, and garlic in a small bowl.
- Remove the mushroom stems and carve out the brown gills from the undersides of the mushroom caps using a spoon; discard gills and stems.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining olive oil (3/4 teaspoon), lime juice, and soy sauce, then brush over both sides of the mushroom caps.
- Place the mushrooms on grill that has been coated with cooking spray, carved out side down.
- Flip after 5 minutes, or when soft.
- Now that the carved out side is face up, spoon half of the tomato mixture into each mushroom cap.
- Grill until cheese has melted.
- Garnish with parsley.