A recipe included in my Greenling.com local box of produce. I didn't have a grill, so I cooked this in my toaster oven at 350 degrees. I also chopped up the mushroom stems into tiny pieces, and included them and the parsley in with the tomatoes. However, I'm including the recipe as originally written below.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare grill.
- 2While the grill heats, combine the tomato, cheese, 1/4 teaspoon of the olive oil, pepper, and garlic in a small bowl.
- 3Remove the mushroom stems and carve out the brown gills from the undersides of the mushroom caps using a spoon; discard gills and stems.
- 4In a small bowl, combine remaining olive oil (3/4 teaspoon), lime juice, and soy sauce, then brush over both sides of the mushroom caps.
- 5Place the mushrooms on grill that has been coated with cooking spray, carved out side down.
- 6Flip after 5 minutes, or when soft.
- 7Now that the carved out side is face up, spoon half of the tomato mixture into each mushroom cap.
- 8Grill until cheese has melted.
- 9Garnish with parsley.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Stuffed Grilled Portobello Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 102.8
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 11.0 mg
- Sodium 268.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 6.1 g