Prep 2 hrs 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a nice additional side dish for a casual picnic summer lunch with fresh bread sandwiches or alongside a BBQ feast. Garden Fresh!
- 4 -6 firm ripe tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash pepper, fresh ground
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- Wash tomatoes and cut out stem ends. Slice tomatoes crosswise into 1/2" thick slices. Reform into tomato shape and place in a shallow dish. Set aside.
- Combine other ingredients in a covered container and shake well. Pour over tomatoes.
- Cover with wrap and chill at least 2 hours for full flavour.
- Transfer to a serving dish with slotted spoon and garnish with additional chopped fresh parsley.
- Prep time includes chilling.