Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love to make this pasta salad in the summer when tomatoes are abundant.
- 8 ounces uncooked spiral shaped pasta
- 2 1⁄2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Combine tomatoes and basil in a serving bowl and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta and add to tomato mixture.
- Drizzle with oil mixture and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately.
With the exception of using refridferated asparagus and cheese ravioli for the rotini (I had a pkg in the fridge that was ready to be used) I made the dish as ask. I was great, another ideal summer dinner. It's very quick and easy to make and it tastes marvelous.
We really enjoyed this light, summer salad. I did adjuste the vinegar & oil to our taste. Thanks!!!
This was a light salad made even better with fresh summer tomatoes & basil.