Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is from the September/October 2008 issue of Weight Watchers Magazine. It sounds interesting and wanted to post it here for future use.
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 lb plum tomato, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box spice cake mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 3⁄4 cup fat free egg substitute
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with foil and spray the foil with nonstick spray.
- Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly in the pan patting lightly to cover. Top with an even layer of the tomato slices.
- Beat the cake mix, soup, egg substitute and buttermilk on low speed until the cake mix is moistened. At medium speed, beat until well blended. Pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake until a toothpick insterted into the center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes. Cool in the pan on a rack 5 minutes. Run a knife around the cake to loosen. Place a large platter over the cake and invert; remove the foil and let cool. Cut into 12 squares.