Recipe by Lori91761
A long-time friend gave me this recipe in 1962. The cake is delicious even though it sounds weird. NOTE: Any size pan can be used and baking times as shown on cake mix box. I prefer to use the 13x9x2-inch pan. It can also be made in four mini-loaf pans - baking time would be 25 minutes.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box spice cake mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease sides and bottom of a 13x9x2-inch pan and flour lightly.
- Blend all ingredients together in a large bowl at low speed of mixer.
- until moistened, then beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake as directed on box.
- Cool pan on wire rack for 15 minutes.
- If frosting is desired, cool cake completely first.